• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's heart update

meljoy

Leo saw the cardiologist today again for a check up and scan. She has just phoned me with the results and Im so pleased.
To her surprise there is an improvement. Obviously he still has MVD but the degree of the heart failure has improved as has the heart function. They want to see him again for a medication check in 3 months and scan him in another 6-12 month if he stays the same. There is no need to change his meds as they have obviously got the right combination and dosage. I can pick him up in half an hour to bring him home :)

I am so relieved its been a long day......
In himself he is doing very well....hardly any coughing at all and his exercise tolerance is good for 45 minutes to an hour:)

Fingers crossed he stays healthy for a long time yet.

This is great news! MVD is such a roller coaster ride and it is so important to get the right balance of meds. I'm so glad that Leo is responding positively and still enjoying life. Keep up the good work.

So pleased Mel - the meds are improving all the time and it's great they've got the mix right for Leo.

(y)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thank you both....Kate I agree its fantastic that the advance in medication has improved things so greatly for this horrible disease.

At least if he doesn't need another scan for a year his fur can grow back......its only just grown back after his last scan and now he's bald down one side again ;)

Great news, have sent you a pm. Pippin always itches when the hair is shaved and he can't get at where it is too scratch, so he sits at my feet and cries for me to do it :) I find that a little vaseline eases the itch.

Great news, have sent you a pm. Pippin always itches when the hair is shaved and he can't get at where it is too scratch, so he sits at my feet and cries for me to do it :) I find that a little vaseline eases the itch.

Thanks Theresa,
Vaseline is a good idea

Mel x

Back