• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily...lost too soon

stacey morris

Lily of Cobblestone died April 4th at age 7. Tragically and shockingly, she choked while eating breakfast and we couldn't hear her because of construction noise outside. Because she always ate in what seemed like a panic, we intentionally left her alone in the kitchen. Only after did I read about bowls that allow dogs to eat slower.

Happy, playful, and people loving, Lily was a therapy dog and loved visiting the Salvation Army and senior centers around town. It seems like such a senseless loss, and I can't stop being sad. She was a truly wonderful dog and I miss her terribly.

Oh, I'm so sorry. All of mine eat like that also, but because there are four of them I always stay in the kitchen with them while they eat just in case there's a fight. What a sweet soul Lily must have been to have been a therapy dog. She must have brought such comfort to so many people. I hope you can now find comfort in her memory in the days to come even though it is agonizing right now. Rest in peace sweet Lily.

I'm so, so sorry -- this kind of very unusual accident can be especially heartbreaking as it feels so senseless. :( It also would not easily have been something you could have halted if you'd been there. I hope your heart will heal with time, and please don't blame yourself.

I am so sorry. Bosco also guzzles his food and I feed him separately. I will look into the slower feeding bowl. Never realized that such a tragic thing could happen.

I am so sorry.That is so tragic and it could happen so easily to any of us. She was obviously a wonderful little dog who gave a lot of people happiness in her too short life.
RIP Lily.

Back