• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone elses Cavalier watch TV?

Super Princess

Maggie is SO focused on TV...well depending on what i have on.
She's all over animal shows...any comercial that has an animal in it (the tiger toilet paper comercial is REDICULAS...she goes CRAZY)

Sometimes when we go to bed, we'll curl up together, and watch some videos on my iPhone.
one of my favorite things to do.

Mine will watch TV as well. Except, she goes berserk when she sees other animals. Fell asleep in the recliner many times with her on my lap only to be quickly awakened by her antics. It's a constant battle in our home to beak her of this habit.

Abby does the same thing. It is funny to watch until she makes a lunge for the TV and I start imagining what damage she might do to the screen, so we no longer do anything to encourage her. And then, every time there is the sound of a doorbell on the TV, she starts barking and runs to the front door...:)

I was saying about the tigers commercial?
This weekend we stayed at our beach trailer (actually one of those big permanent ones. You don't move)in an RV resort (a lot nicer then it sounds)
We been there since Thursday night.
Today she noticed or neighbours who have a movable trailer. Has a cougar on the side of it.
Just painted on.
But holy hell did she go crazy

And last night someone commented on an Instagram video. I clicked to read the comebt. It was the video I recorded of her watching the tiger commercial. 130 in the morning in the trailer she's going c r a z y.

But yes. She's very focused on tv. And I guess life in general. Very observant.

Glad she's not the only one. Haha. They're funny that way.

Both mine are avid TV watchers - their favourites are horse jumping and horse racing or anything equestrian really :D when they are totally GLUED to the set. Other dogs they bark at and try to find them behind the TV........bless:cool:

Winston Alexander watches tv in the kitchen. I can't often use the big screen on the living room wall because of his interest in it. WA feels it is his duty to protect the rest of us from: animals, cartoon figures, people in uniform, anyone with dark skin, anything that is bright red and any programme involving people shouting or arguing with each other. If any of these things present themselves and barking doesn't get rid of the nuisance, then he will work himself into a frenzy and leap at the screen. Usually I have used the zapper before then, as a matter of health, safety and self preservation for the rest of us :D

Charlie McFarlie loves to run up to the TV and bark at any animals on the screen. He especially loves horses and other dogs, but he has been know to bark at cartoon animals, as well. If we watch Animal Planet, we have to make sure he is asleep. :)

Out of curiosity I had the two Cavs I was pet sitting watch Family Guy with me to see if they would respond to Brian (the talking dog). Nothing doing. Not much interest from them in the TV, period.

Yeah Molly does and jumps off the couch and barks at any dog or animal with 4 legs. It's very cute. We call her our little protector.

Mine are hilarious. Hunter, my male, will sit right next to me and just stare at the screen for the entire show. He will bark at any animal including dogs....he's actually funny because he can't stop himself from barking. He literally looks away so he won't bark to avoid me scolding him. Callie, my female, will watch sometimes but not that often.

I always wonder what they are thinking...

And I thought my Chloe was unusual! She doesn't seem to be watching the TV, but when a dog or other animal come on, she goes crazy barking and running back and forth jumping at the TV. She hardly ever barks at dogs she meets face to face, but barks at them when on TV.

Back