• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any sponsors out there?

Kate H

I'm bumping up my post about doing the Coventry Walkathon, in the hope that people might like to sponsor me:

The annual Coventry Walkathon takes place on Sunday 11 May in the lovely War Memorial Park. I shall again be leading a team to raise funds for Cavalier health research via the Cavalier Matters charity. Last year we raised £660 for the Cavalier Collection Scheme, and I have optimistically raised this year's target to £800. I have a JustGiving page:www.justgiving.com/Cavalier-Matters, which makes your sponsorship very easy.

If you and your Cavalier(s) would like to be part of the team, please contact me (either via a message here, or at [email protected]). The Walkathon involves a walk (not a race!) round the park of 1.75 miles on good tarmac paths, and each team member pays an entry fee of £5 (if there are 10 of us, this goes down to £4 each). The event is organised by the local Lions Club, who add an extra 10p to every £1 we raise. The walk starts at 11am and if the weather is kind we have a picnic lunch together afterwards (last year was freezing and we just headed for hot drinks!).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I would have loved to take part Kate, but I have just begged, cajoled and almost blackmailed all my friends, learners, colleagues and neighbours to sponsor me for the Acorns Children's Hospice charity walk in Sutton Park, which took place yesterday. I raised £106 at the last count, with more coming in. There is absolutely no way I can ask for money again within the foreseeable future, otherwise I would have been glad to take part. Holly P is already a working Pets As Therapy Dog and is also fully committed to visits in Birmingham, which are a strain on her mental resources, so again, I don't feel I should commit her to more than she is committed to doing.

I am so sorry.

Don't apologise Flo - it sounds as if you are definitely doing your bit for the greater good - well done on raising such a good sum for a very good cause.(y)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back