• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Milo got stung by a bee!

Sydneys Mom

On his front leg. He seems fine.....no swelling and breathing is normal. Just wondering how long it would take before a reaction would show up.

Oh Poor wee mean, hope he is OK today? Usually you would see a reaction pretty quickly, within a few hours.

Leo "eat" a wasp once! His face swelled up very quickly....the vet advised a teaspoon of piriton which worked wonders.....although he was very sleepy afterwards but absolutely fine. :)

Leo "eat" a wasp once! His face swelled up very quickly....the vet advised a teaspoon of piriton which worked wonders.....although he was very sleepy afterwards but absolutely fine. :)

Dillon has now had three bee encounters - each of which he ate and swallowed. His muzzle swells almost instantly and last time so did his throat - it was very frightening indeed - I now carry Piriton tablets everywhere we go (the drowsy kind) with instructions to give him half of one tablet. We have only one vet on the island and it is sheer luck he was able to to transported there quickly for treatment .....also our boarding kennels have similar instructions re the Piriton and I take them a supply....hope Milo has recovered :)

Yikes!! What a worry for all those with bee and wasp eaters -- I have one cavalier and one Pyrenean that likes to go for anything the buzzes and flies... making summer a bit of a worry! Good idea to always have something that will reduce an allergic reaction to hand.

Back