• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shoes or Boottees Made for Walking

ByFloSin

Holly P has one paw with extra toes attached to it, which makes it a little larger in girth than the other three and deformed claws on both front paws. Her skin is ultra thin which means that it ruptures very easily and quickly becomes infected. Because of these problems she usually goes out in the stroller.

When we did the Acorns Walk a few weeks ago it was mostly on grass so I took her round on collar and lead, picking her up when we hit gravel or other rough surfaces. She enjoyed it so much that I would like to purchase some shoes for her so that she can go on short walks locally.

Bearing in mind Holly P's health issues can anybody suggest somebody who could supply suitable shoes or bootees for her?

Flo, I've got a box of disposable, reusable boots in biodegradable rubber with a ridged bottom for grip. I got them when Oliver had an open sore on his paw.but only used one (partly because the top is rather tight on the leg and I was a bit concerned as it was the leg that occasionally gets affected by his SM). You're welcome to try them on Holly P, I can easily pop them in the post if you remind me of your address.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Kate, as usual you are absolutely wonderful. Something like rubber boots was lurking somewhere at the back of my mind from long ago and I was hoping that it would ring a bell with someone, somewhere. Yes please and would there be details of where to purchase some more if Holly is comfortable with them.

Holly is giving so much of herself to her clients with the PAT work and I think she deserves something special in return, which going for a 'proper' walk would be such a luxury for her.

I have PMd you my address. You are so very kind.

I think I got them from Doggy Solutions.They may not work for Holly P, but at least worth trying, and you won't have wasted money if they aren't the right thing for her. I'll post them tomorrow as we're off camping in Norfolk for a week on Monday.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think I got them from Doggy Solutions.They may not work for Holly P, but at least worth trying, and you won't have wasted money if they aren't the right thing for her. I'll post them tomorrow as we're off camping in Norfolk for a week on Monday.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thanks Kate. Have a really good time in Norfolk. I will cross my fingers and toes for good weather for you. Norfolk is such a lovely county.

Back