• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sore back

MMM

Millie is 9, 10 on Sept 1st. Almost three weeks ago I noticed she was a bit stiff, and when she screamed getting up the next morning we went straight to the vet. She was slow putting her rear paws back when the vet turned them. She was prescribed Metacalm and to go back in 2 days.
There was no improvement, if anything slightly slower correcting rear paws so tramodyl was added and referral to Glasgow for MRI. Appointment became more urgent when I realised she was holding her pee for 16 hours, then 28 hours.
In Glasgow SAH she didn't get the MRI scan because she was stressed and has a heart murmur I was told was grade 2 in Feb, but was prescribed gabapentin and 4 weeks rest for possible degenerating disc and/or SM.
Got report today, almost 2 weeks later - heart murmur grade 2-3/4 !!!
Advice please on any of the above - disc, SM, DMVD

Last edited:
Back