Personally, I feel helpless and a bit frustrated not knowing what's causing the coughing ... and which direction to go. I don't like the idea of 'experimenting' on Freckles, changing / reducing the Furosemide (and, perhaps later, the Enalapril) ... and then wait to see if her condition worsens; on the other hand, there doesn't appear to be any other way to know if the medications are accomplishing anything--I certainly don't want to give her medications if that's the case. (Prior to her going on those drugs her breathing rate was good--and it still is. In monitoring her condition I'm relying on that fact perhaps more than anything else.) On the other hand, I can't ignore the fact that she has an enlarged heart and some fluid; but are the medications premature to treat those symptoms at this point? Perhaps her condition needs to worsen before anything more need or can be done.
I'm certainly finding Karlin's words to be true (earlier in this thread):