• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers........Too little, too late.

Interesting comment on the blog about a kennel in the East of England. I do hope the breeder will take the opportunity to answer. I think there are a lot of people that will struggle to understand why she has bred from a SM affected dog after he was diagnosed under the age of three.

I agree that the breed is not in a good place and probably is at the point where major action needs to be taken to save it, but hope Jemima is not entirely right that there are no options. Raising awareness is so important so that people can make wise breeder choices (for those who properly health test and follow breeding protocols) and also learn to identify possible genetic illnesses when they arise, as they too often do in cavaliers.

The Companion Club is a way pet owners can be involved in supporting research and health initiatives while also sharing their love of the breed with a friendly community. I encourage anyone to join -- the more international members and the broader the input, the better! We'll soon be starting some Irish activities for the Club. :D

It will be interesting to see if Jemima gets a response.

Back