• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do dogs see colors? Does that affect our dog training in any way?

Thanks for sharing that! I was just going to post the link as it is so interesting.

I liked the image:

DogColor4.png

There's a very interesting chapter on dogs and colour in Stephen Budiansky's 'The Truth about Dogs'. Aled sometimes has a problem seeing a fawn wooden dumbbell on grass - presumably because it is near the red spectrum that dogs haven't got. Oddly, he would probably see it better if I painted it bright blue, because he would distinguish more clearly between blue dumbbell on green grass. Knowing the colours dogs can and can't see explains a lot about their behaviour.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

That is an interesting article. I wish that Mother Nature made squirrels. rabbits and cats red. My house would be a lot quieter.

Back