• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How much does your Cavalier weigh?

Nicki

This photo was taken on 7th February, at 11.7kg [Raasay had arrived in January weighing 12.6kg]

Raasay reached his target weight last week, he has lost just over 25% of his bodyweight b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*

I took a photo after his bath to show his new slimline waist...

after I put his drying coat on, we couldn't believe how small he looked!

He's now 9.4kg, my vet said he's perfect, this is what a Cavalier should look like! Sadly so many Cavaliers carry too much weight, which is not only bad for their joints and heart, but also been shown in studies to be life shortening, by as much as 2-3 YEARS. Raasay is feeling SO much better, he's like the energizer bunny now LOL

Thank you Joyce, sorry I thought I had posted about him :(
Raasay was living with a wonderful family in Southern Scotland, but sadly due to a change in circumstances they have had to return to full time work. Although he was being walked during the day and spending time stopping with family and friends, he was not happy with being left, so he come to us. We weren't sure if he was stopping with us for good but he now has his paws very firmly under the table!! Tommy was not very happy at first, much to our surprise, as he had been quite depressed as an only dog [since losing Lauren] but he is enjoying Raasay now. They are playing on walks etc, and do cuddle up quite often now.

Raasay - lifting his paw to ask for a treat!

Last edited:
When we took Molly on last August as a rescue, she weighed 12kg. Now after a period of careful weight management and despite bing spayed, she is now a slim 8.25kg and fit as a fiddle.

our other Cavvie, Jasper has been a steady 8.4kg for about 18 months after dropping to 6.9kg when he was seriously ill with polyarthritis.

He too is supremely fit and loves nothing more than to chase his frisbee

long may they both continue to be healthy as they are now 5 year old puppies!!

Yours all look super!

What a wonderful story. So glad that Tommy now has his brother for a companion and I'm sure that Raasay is happy to! I love the picture of the three brothers! They are all gorgeous and look so happy smiling into the camera.

Back