Thread: Tuft of brown hair on the forhead

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Tuft of brown hair on the forhead

Hi guys

my baby girl is 45 days old (she is not with me yet) and I noticed she's got a tuft of brown hair on her forhead...

Does anyone know a dog like this? Do you have a picture of a grown up dog with this?

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/...ps39d09e74.jpg

i'm concearned... :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you mean the tuft of brown between her eyes, it looks to be just a mismark in colouration - unfortunately they don't always come out with the markings we expect or desire! As long as you are not planning to show her, it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't seen a mark in that particular area before so can't tell you what to expect, but It may be covered by some of the white hair as she grows up.

have her parents been health tested? At the very least, MRI'd for CM/SM, cardiologist tested for hearts, ophthalmologist tested for eyes, DNA tested for EFS and DE/CC etc? The breeder should be able to show you certificates for both parents. If so, then a mismark would not concern me.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    have her parents been health tested? At the very least, MRI'd for CM/SM, cardiologist tested for hearts, ophthalmologist tested for eyes, DNA tested for EFS and DE/CC etc? The breeder should be able to show you certificates for both parents. If so, then a mismark would not concern me.
    Yes, it is one of the best breeders in Brazil, they test all their dogs.

I'm thinking about trimming this tuft, would that be mean?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Between puppy coat and mature adult coat a lot can happen, and the coloured tuft may well grow out or get covered over by white hair. So trimming it may not be necessary - and if you start doing it it will encourage it to grow and you may find you have a lifetime's job on your hands! I would leave it for the time being and see what happens.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys! It's me again!

I got a picture of my new puppy with 50 days old and the brown hair tuft seems to be fading away... What do you think?

http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/Ha...c828c.png.html

Post Thanks / Like

Looks fine to me - I think by the time you taker her home the tuft will have disappeared.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

I remember. I didn't know which puppy was gonna be maggie untill the day I picked her up.
    But I went over every detail of every puppy's markings for hours looking at them. Haha

When you bring that adorable ball of fluff home. It won't matter if the brown is there or isn't. You'll forget all about it.

I do however like miss markings because it adds character and I'd anything was to happen you can say yes she had a small brown patch on her nose' or whatever. (Though microchips and tattoos and tags work better lol)

She is adorable. And you're gonna have so much fun.
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!!!!!

She will be here on Sunday!

Post Thanks / Like

The brown hair above her nose looks like saliva staining from the momma dog licking the puppy. It will fade away. your pup looks super cute!
    owned by BratBoy ^see avatar