• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Suggestions for the hot weather anyone?

meljoy

We are having some really hot and humid weather in the UK at the moment...quite unusual actually..
Anyway Leo sounds like a little train at times he's panting so hard. Any one who lives in a country where this is the norm got any ideas on keeping him cool.
Im not walking him when its hot, Ive got a fan going that's at floor level,,,he's asleep next to it now :), His water bowl is constantly topped up and Im giving him ice chips

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
Mel

I live in the UK too, but one thing I find helpful is opening doors and windows early, while it's still fairly cool, and then when the sun moves round to shine into the room, shut windows and draw curtains. People who live in hot countries such as north Africa and the middle east often have houses with thick walls and small windows that don't let the sun in; drawing curtains is the best we can do to produce cool shade indoors.

Kate, Aled and Oliver

meljoy - you're doing all you can, so stay with it. Kate H gave good advice about keeping the house cool. That's how we did it before air-conditioning, here in the hot, humid South in the U.S.

Back