• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby princess

tupup

Two weeks ago today we lost our darling girl, Ruby. She had been doing so well despite MVD, dry eyes & SM and although she was just a tiny girl she was such a tough cookie & happy to bobble along ruling the roost. So it was a normal day, with plenty of kisses & tummy tickles before we went out on our normal walk, end of the street, into the woods but as we got to the 1st "green" she laid down, I said "come on sausage" and it was the way she looked up at me & I just knew so I scooped her up into my arms, where she took approx. 3 or 4 breaths and she was gone. It was I know the very best way for my baby to go, in the sunshine in my arms with Jelly by her side, God bless her.She looked so very very beautiful(and cute) and now she can rest, peacefully

I miss her so terribly(words cant describe how much) and haven't been able to post this here till now as then it is real, I keep expecting her to come toddling round the side of the sofa or tippy tapping into the bathroom with her usual look of oh there you are, and I'm left with all of the if onlys and what ifs, I should have carried her along the street, I should have cooked her a sunday dinner for her last meal and hundreds more maybes. Quite normal shock & grief I'm sure but please give all of your little ones an extra kiss and loves because when that moment comes there will never have been enough

Margaret C, I know I haven't been in touch for quite some time but my plan was always to pass Rubes onto you as you know, I'm so sorry, it was so sudden & I went into shock but I feel ive let you all down too, sorry.

I am so very sorry to read this, thinking of you and sending you hugs and to little Jelly Tots too.:hug:

Oh Im so sorry to read this.......You are so right that it was a lovely way for Ruby to go....but still a terrible stock for you.
Thinking of you at this very sad time..

Mel xxx

I'm so sorry to read this. As hard as it is for you, your little Ruby left this world is a beautiful way, in your arms and with Jelly Tots by her side. RIP sweet Ruby. *ng*l

So sorry to read about Ruby and my heart breaks with you. She was surrounded by love throughout her time with you, and at the end too. I cannot imagine a more peaceful way to go though -- with you and Jelly in a park -- that is dog heaven on earth. So hard on you though. Hope each day gets a little easier for you.

Joan

I'm so sorry -- what a terrible loss for you and what a shock to have this happen as it did. But you are right, she went doing something she loved in the company she loved and clearly she received the gift of going quickly without long suffering, which is what we all hope for our doglets. Thinking of you at such a difficult and painful time. :flwr:

Tupup,

I'm so very sorry to read that your darling girl has passed away.

Run fast and free at the bridge little Ruby.

x

I am so sorry for you, and I know how hard it is, even though it was quick and relatively painless. Many hugs and thoughts :flwr:

So sorry for the loss of your precious Ruby, I know it was a dreadful shock for you, but a lovely way for Ruby to leave you.

Dear Tupup,

I have only just read your post and I am so sorry that you have lost your precious little girl. You must feel so bereft, especially as you had no chance to grow accustomed to the idea you may lose her.

That is always the problem with sudden death. Logically we know it is the best way for our little dogs to go, but it robs us of the chance to give them the caring goodbye we know they deserve.

Margaret C, I know I haven't been in touch for quite some time but my plan was always to pass Rubes onto you as you know, I'm so sorry, it was so sudden & I went into shock but I feel ive let you all down too, sorry.

You most certainly have not let anyone down. I am just so grateful that you were willing to volunteer her to the Cavalier Collection Scheme.

Please do not feel bad, we don't ever want to make things worse for loving owners. This is something that often happens. When a little dog dies suddenly we have found that it is seldom possible to make arrangements in time to take tissue samples. It is just too much of a shock for the owner and they need time to mourn and come to terms with what has happened.

This must have been so hard for you. Take care of yourself and Jelly Tots. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

M x

Back