• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Runs around in Bedroom at night time

littlebitsunny

Hello All!
Our dog Pulu is an energetic dog who loves running around in the house. He brings a lot of energy so we love it, but the only concern we have is him running around in the bedroom at night time. He usually sleep with me and is generally quiet at night since I don't have a big room. But when I go out of town(which I do quite often), he sleeps with my mother, and there comes the problem. My mother sleeps in the master bedroom which is big enough for him to sprint around. And since she's a light sleeper, she wakes up from the noise and mess up her sleeping schedule sometimes. I've tried sleeping with him in the master bedroom, but he still does that when I'm around. It doesn't seem like separation anxiety. Is there ways for us to change his behavior? Or do we have to put him in dog pen? (we have a dog pen I got for pen training when he was about 9 or 10 weeks, so it's too small for him now. He can jump over the pen quite easily, so I'll have to get a new one if that is the case)

(little bit about him. He's about 10 months old going into 11. weighs about 14.5 lbs. We give him walks everyday for roughly about an hour in the evening and 10-15 mins in the morning for potty/sniffing.)

p.s. yeah he's wiggling his tail as always
attachment.php

Does he still get the same amount of exercise when you are away? That would be my first thought that he's not sufficiently tired.

It may be sensible to reintroduce a pen or crate for night time, also may be worth your Mother getting ear plugs! I'm a very light sleeper too so can sympathise with being disturbed.

Does he not have a crate? I have a dog who has always been inclined to be restless at night, getting on and off the bed many times, so my solution was to crate him next to my bed. Problem solved.

I know this won't help but my cav will not budge out of her bed (which happens to be at the end of our bed!) until I start getting dressed in the morning, as she knows that a walk is imminent! Sometimes I have to encourage her to get up!!

I agree with the others, I think you might have to reintroduce a crate at bed time, Pulu might just need reminding that bed time is for sleep, not play!!!

You just can't help but adore them though, even when they're being naughty!!!

Back