• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jasper 29/3/2000 - 5/8/2014

jasperpaw

The day I have been dreading arrived today, Jasper lost his battle with MVD and was given his wings, he was nearly 14 1/2 years old, I feel so blessed that we had him for so long, he was our first family dog so this has come so hard to us all. Rest in Peace my darling Jasper.

Oh Pam, I am soooo sorry to read this sad news. Jasper was such a big part of your life for so long, and he will be a big part of your heart forever. My heart aches for you and your family.
RIP sweet Jasper. *ng*l

Oh Pam, I'm so very sad to read this news. Jasper fought so hard against the MVD, Ollie gave him a new lease of life and it's wonderful that they had 4 happy years together. Oliie will miss his big brother terribly, try to keep his routine with meal times and walks, and lots of cuddles.

Jasper's fantastic age is a wonderful tribute to your loving care. He was fortunate to be so loved and cared for, I know you will have many happy memories that in time will ease the awful pain of loss.

Keeping you in our thoughts xx

So very sorry to hear your sad news Pam. Be proud of the wonderful care that you gave Jasper so that he could live to such a great age.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Pam. No amount of time ever feels like enough, but what a blessing to have so many years with your dear Jasper.

Pam,
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.He reached a wonderful age and had a life full of love and happiness.I know how much he meant to you and what a huge loss he is to your home.Hugs to Ollie. XX

Pam Im only just seeing this now...I am so very sorry to hear this.
I remember when Leo was first diagnosed with MVD & CHF and I was beside myself until you told me of how Jasper was still going at nearly 14....I cant tell you how much that helped me.....and still does...

So thank you to you and of course Jasper :hug:

Much love Mel xx

I would just like to say thank you all so much for your very kind messages - you have no idea how much this has meant to me over the last few days. This was such a shock to us on Tuesday, yes I know he had problems but one minute he was fine, the next he was not, we certainly did not think that we would not bring him home with us.

Ollie is coping fairly well, and we will just enjoy our time with him and hope that he will have a healthy and long life like his "big brother"

Joyce - I know that you went through a similar time with your dear Sydney, both him and Jasper were real fighters. Enjoy your little dogs.

Mel - I am glad that knowing that my boy lived so long helped you with Leo. Hug him tight.

Sins - I do so hope all of your clan are well.

Again thank you very much.

I'm so, so sorry to read about your loss. Jasper was one of our longtime cavalier friends here. I know many who remember him over the years from posts here will, in particular, share your sense of loss, but all of us here, new or old-timers on CavalierTalk, know how deeply we love our dogs and will understand what you have been through and that sense of pain. :(

Only just seen this Pam and I'm so sorry. Cavaliers grow old so gracefully but then leave such a huge gap when they finally leave us.

:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who has just gone into chf aged 7)

Back