• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UK Neuropathic Pain Trial at the Royal Veterinary College

Margaret C

I'm posting this in both the general chat forum and this SM & MVD forum as this UK study needs more healthy and SM affected cavaliers to take part.

http://www.rvc.ac.uk/CIC/documents/WebsiteflyerSandraSanchisMoraNeuropathicpain09Jan13KM.pdf

This study could be so helpful for cavaliers suffering from the severe pain caused by CMSM, so if you can possibly make a one-off journey to North London to help, please think about doing so.

These sensory tests have been found to help in assessing neuropathic pain in human sufferers and it is hoped they will also help provide more accurate and early recognition of neuropathic pain in individual dogs.

The tests consist of pressure ( flexible plastic filaments ) and heat and cold being applied to the dog's skin. The instrument was removed the moment the dog showed any reaction. It was not at all painful or invasive. I found the hardest thing was to stop my two cavaliers from going to sleep on the table from sheer boredom.

Please Paste and Share this to all cavalier pages, groups and forums you belong to.

Back