• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ian Dunbar seminar anyone been ?

myluvs

Dr. Ian Dunbar will in my area in a few weeks . I love all his thoughts , ideas and how he teaches positively to our canines, besides the fact he makes all the training interesting and fun. I have no desire to have my dogs fear me . I'm having some issues and have been reading everything on his website than I click on seminars and he's going to be a hour away from me . Anyone who has been can you share your experience , is it mainly for trainers ? Or does the average dog (cavalier ) owner learn from it ? FYI - It is a seminar that you do not bring your dogs Thanxs so much

I've been to 3 of his seminars and a couple of special activity sessions with Kelly Gorman Dunbar, his wife (both trainers). Some of the best time and money I have spent on my dogs! If it's a general seminar it will target any and all dog owners. :) He usually has his books and videos available as well. You'll likely learn a lot about many different dog behaviours, triggers, problems, tips on managing things. He always takes lots of questions so you should be able to ask for specific advice too.

Thanxs Karlin, you are on top of everything .Im so grateful for cavaliertalk. I just signed up ,very reasonable for a entire day . I think he is brilliant , I have been on his website reading and watching everything for days and he looks like he will make a fun day of it. I have already learned so much and am seeing progress with our puppy just by separating them at meal time , of course now she wants me to sit with her while she eats alone in the pantry while the boys are in the kitchen , so I still have a lot to learn but she's not attacking Henry anymore at meal time . Dr Dunbar teachings are so obvious if you think like your dog.

Hey that's great to hear! A lot of these things are not all that obvious at first, but then you think about it and wonder why you didn't realise it before! :lol: Some of my dog trainer friends introduced me to Dr Dunbar's writings and they are the ones who brought him out to Ireland to speak a few times and he's always interesting. His seminars always leave you with lots to think about and try at home.

Back