• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

lymphoma - I'm devastated

I will, thank you. I remember that our Nairn was getting something to lower the amount of fluid. They obviously don't know what's wrong with her. With Nairin, I did lots of reading, my neurologist in Prague was always making fun of me that I can teach vets. Now, I del tired. After this summer I'm spent. My husband still feels horrible even after almost two months to be done with the horrid treatment, kids struggle being in US and in new school and now Dashy. And I feel that again, I have to educate vets. I would love to find one here that knows. That I don't have to be on top of it and can trust that person knowing that they know better than me. I don't know if that makes any sense.

So very sorry to see that all this is happening to you at once Marcela. Life seems to throw things at you in a great big bunch sometimes. I know because it's been like that for me a few times, but I have sorted things out one at a time, bit by bit, which is what you will probably do too.

So far as the vets are concerned, I have had to learn to accept that they think I am pushy and sometimes need to tell them firmly what I need them to do to keep my dog healthy. I know that I am only doing the best I can to help my dog and I have had to come to terms with what the vets think of me and learn that in the great big scheme of things it doesn't matter at all, which is what I think you must learn to do too. Wouldn't it be easy if we could just walk into the surgery and put our dogs into the hands of caring experts who know exactly what to do. Sorry, but there are just too many known diseases and defects out there these days for that to happen very often, so we have to find out as much as we can to pass on to the professionals to put into practice.

I am one of those who understands what your husband is going through with his cancer treatment because I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. I have needed a full course of chemo twice and yes, it is absolutely horrible. I have been clear for almost 3 years now, with another check due in a couple of weeks time. Please tell hubby to stick with it because it is likely that just when he thinks he can't take any more, he will start to get better. The low points mean that the chemo is doing it's work effectively, which is what helped me to stay positive and to get better.

When we relocated from London to Cornwall in the 1970s my then teenage children told us we were ruining their lives forever. They too found it difficult moving to new schools and to leave their friends behind, but all of us survived it, albeit a little battle scarred :oops: and your kids will settle in before you know it.

Back