• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier coat

Christin1994

So I noticed that Black and Tan cavaliers have the shiniest coats, why is that? Hmmm,maybe I'm just being overly observant. Thanks for all the input:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a black and tan and attribute her coat shine to carding. I've watched videos of other color cavvies while being carded and noticed their coats will move from being somewhat dull to a nice shine once the dead hair is removed by carding. If you watch one being carded you will see the change - especially if the person cards half the top - you can compare it against the non-carded half. Either way, as long as you have a cavvie you're blessed.

I personally think it's just optics -- akin to how a clean white car doesn't dazzle as well under the sun as a black car would. Black cars thus appear more 'flashy' than their white counterparts, but the drawback (and I digress, obviously) is that the former don't hide dirt stains and dust layers as well as the latter.

Back