• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why's he doing this?

meljoy

Leo is 8 years old and since he was a pup he's slept down stairs in his bed.....not a problem.....infact sometimes if its late he goes and gets in his bed and stares at us as if to say "Im tired when are you lot going to bed?"

About 2 weeks ago he wouldn't settle and barked and barked when we went to bed. I came down and all seemed fine so went back to bed. The barking started again and By 2 am I'd had enough when I came down to tell him to pack it in and he shot straight past me and up stairs to my room where he settled very comfortably on my bed and went to sleep straight away.

Since then he wont settle unless up stairs with me. I don't mind him sleeping in my room although the snoring drove me potty night before last (him not me).

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on why after 8 years he's decided he's no longer sleeping down stairs. Did I make a mistake in giving in to him and letting him up.....? I'd got 4 hours before I had to be up for work and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

He seems fine in himself and I haven't noticed any changes in him during the day at all.

Mel

I can't explain why Leo is doing this, but I have a somewhat similar story. Since my dogs were puppies, they get crated in my room at bedtime. After about 5 years with no issues, one of them started scratching and crying at night. Similar to you, I needed my sleep and let her out. She proceeded to walk over to a throw rug and sleep quietly. This quickly became the new norm, and its been going on for the past 2 years. I cannot explain it all, other than to say that I guess she caught me in a weak moment, and knew she had me. :p

I'll note that my two other dogs, still get crated, and Boop continues to sleep on the rug.

We all get sleep and wake up happy.

Joan

Nice to know its not me then :cool:

Its not a real problem in as much as I don't mind him sleeping with me, although the padding around the bedroom, snoring and then coming to cuddle up to me in the small hours were warring thin the other night...good job I love him I guess

x

Back