• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

lump right beside her valve

Super Princess

She was really itching/chewing at her lady bits, so i took a look yesterday and noticed a small lump next to her valve..right in a crease..
My mom told me i should take her to emerg and have them check it out.. (and shes usually the one trying to get me to wait and see if whatevers wrong with the animals clears up)
So i did. 2.5 hours and $208 later...they dont know what it is.

it could be a pimple
it could be a cyst
it could be spear grass inside her...which may require surgery to remove.

they dont know.

they send us up with 7 days worth of antibiotics...a cone for her head and instrutions to see our regular vet in 3-4 days if not cleared up.

i have NO money.. my mum ended up loaning me money lastnight to cover the walk in cost.
they're going to hawaii at the end of the week... it HAS to clear up (praying)

also...i called our vet to see if id need to make an appointment for the possibilty of a revisit..theyre closed saturday for canadian thanksgiving..

the homeles shelter dose a free vet clinic this thursday...and i emaild them and of course it says 'sent from my iphone'...so it looks like i have more moeny then i really do. but i havnt heard back.

Anyways...she started her antibiotics lasntight... and this morning.. but checked it again as i got home from work and its doubled in size. size of a pea.

I hope these anti biotics work..
They said to put a hot compress on it a few tiems a day..so im doing that as well... im also gonna try a bit of polysporin (she cant lick it of due to the cone head)
see if that helps.

i tell you when it rains it pours...its been a couple really crappy months.. :(

Poor Maggie. I hope its nothing serious. Could she possibly have been bitten by a spider or tick? Let us know how she is.

Well it was a tough night. Just as we were going to bed, it ruptured.
The breeders said to very gently squeeze the liquid out. So I did.
You could tell though she was in pain afterwards.
I hot compressed it. Polyspourned it. We went to bed.
Woke up with it looking a little smaller- but filled back up with whatever liquid it was. And some brown guck.
I hot compressed it and polyspourned it, dropped her off at grandpas

Called to check. And grandpa said she was going really good. (He wasn't chexking it or anything. But mood wise)

Picked her up. More brown goop. But once I cleaned her up and took a look it's looking much better. Swelling has gone down. It's shrunk a bit too.

What a brutal week

Ill check that out..thankyou! Anythign that sooths her right now i feel so bad.

We Just got back from a second vet visit..as it had filled up again and just wasnt going away or getting better.
He popped it... it exploded all over him. it was DISGUSTING.
But he cleaned it out and took a real good look..dosnt think theres anything inside her..no forign objects..he thinks it woudla come out when he poped it and cleaned it.
so he perscribed another 14 days worth of antiibiotics to start taking once the ones we are on now..run out on monday..so itll be a good 3 weeks of antibiotics when we're all over with.
he is gonna call in 10 days to see if theres any improvement..if there is not by that time..thats when he's gonna do some more invasive things and send some tests off...he coulda done it today but said he dosnt think its nessasary and that it woulda cost almost 200 bucks.

He also diagnosed it (the ER doctor did not) as an abcess. whcih is what me and my friend had figured out from google. (we were guessing ..spent a lot of time researching bubbles on dogs and her symtoms and such to try and figure out if WE could find out what it was..
I just feel so bad for her :(

Back