• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's heart check

meljoy

Leo had his heart check today. His first since his scan in April.
Anyway Im delighted. The murmur has stayed the same....his heart rate was good as were his respirations.cl*p

The vet said no need to change his meds at the moment. She wants to see him again in January then re scan him in April (if all is well).

Im really pleased although he has put on a little weight so I have to watch what he's eating and make sure he sticks to his diet icon_blshing
Its harder now I cant exercise him as much...I don't push him past 30 -45 minutes a day.

so fingers crossed he keeps as stable as he has.

Thanks everyone....
Its a roller coaster ride and not one I want to be on Im afraid......but hey ho, one day at a time.

We are in to day 2 of "No one give Leo any extra treats" in our house and he is NOT impressed....I wish I could tell him its for his own good.

Do you feed raw or dry food, Mel? If the latter, I find Burns Weight Loss works well - gets the weight off but still gives them plenty to eat. Both of mine are on it at the moment - Aled because he is in heart failure and is eating well but needs to watch his weight, and Oliver because he is on prednisone, which makes him ravenously hungry, but putting on weight would be disastrous for his weak back legs.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Do you feed raw or dry food, Mel? If the latter, I find Burns Weight Loss works well - gets the weight off but still gives them plenty to eat. Both of mine are on it at the moment - Aled because he is in heart failure and is eating well but needs to watch his weight, and Oliver because he is on prednisone, which makes him ravenously hungry, but putting on weight would be disastrous for his weak back legs.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi Kate
I feed dry food. Its called Healthy Paws. Its a very good quality. He lost weight on it when we first put him on it. Its my fault his weight has crept up again.....I don't exercise him as much as I did due to his heart and we have been very lapse about tidbits......we were very strict and need to get back in that mind set.
I may look in to the Burns weight loss though.....anything is worth a try.

Thanks

Back