• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Passing of a legend-Killian @ 17 plus

SYODER

With a very heavy heart- our local legend has passed. Killian had such a tremendous long life (especially for a US Cavalier). He traveled all over the Great Lakes area giving joy to all those who had meet him. I always said he had a face of a 1000 faces (so many expressions). He had struggled towards the end even though he was in no pain, he just struggled with every day life. We had been consulting our vet and visited her frequently. He passed quietly with us at his side. We had to make a decision to end his life which was one of the hardest things I had to do. Even though he was struggling he did not complain. One lessen I need to learn. We take solitude we did the right thing but it is still hard to swallow life without him. It will take time to adjust since we have had dogs in our life over 20 years plus. We lost Kayla 4 years ago and Killian has been by himself since then. Our house is very quiet now and it is a struggle dealing with the loss of Killian We knew that dreadful day would come- and it has. We miss him so much as he has been a part of our lives for so long. We have already started a memorial spot next to Kayla's spot. They were inseparable form the beginning so it is fitting that they continue their end together.

Killian- September 25, 1997- October 31, 2014

Run Killian... run with Kayla

Truly a sad day at our house

Scott and Kathy

I'm so sorry. Although he had a long, good life, sometimes that makes it harder to say good-bye. You probably can't remember life without him. Still having 4 dogs (with my oldest 13 and a half) I can't imagine the quietness of an empty house. Grieve, but love your many memories of Killian.

Sending you cyber-condolences and cyber-hugs via. I'm so sorry that Killian is gone. A week after his 17th birthday, we had to help our Shih Tzu to wait at the Rainbow Bridge. It took me years to get over it, months to not cry when I thought about it. (((Hugs)))

I'm so sorry for the loss or your beloved companion Killian. What a wonderful long life he had with your love and caring. Though it is never easy to lose a pet, but I hope all the wonderful memories you have of him will help, in time, to ease your pain.

RIP sweet Killian. *ng*l

I am so sorry to read this sad news. 17 years is remarkable, but as you know the time we have with them is never enough. My heart goes out to your family.

Big hugs,

Joan

So sorry to read this. What a fantastic life your boy had.

Sending hugs your way XX

My condolences for you and your family on the passing of Killian. What a wonderful bond and a full life he must of had to stay with you for as long as he did. As hard as it is to let go, how lucky you must feel to have had such a good companion for 17+ years. (((HUGS)))

So very sad to read this, I only saw your post about his birthday a few days back. 17 is a remarkable age, and it sounds like Killian had a wonderful, love-filled life, and you will have many happy memories of him which, in time, will be a comfort.

It's always hard no matter their age, when they are young, you feel cheated, but when they have been with you for so many years, it's like losing a part of you as you have been through so much together.

Our thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear that, Killian was an amazing age but I imagine, having three oldies that it would make his passing harder. R.I.P Killian xx

Back