• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Less fur on his tail

mounie

Hi everyone,

my Nickey, who is almost 7 years old, seems to be losing fur on his tail, which recently has become pretty thin.
He is still active and playful, nothing changed in his diet , has anyone experienced something like this?
Thanks

Riley lost all the fur on her tail at the same age. Her tail looks like a rat's tail now. I attributed it to the steroids she was on because she also lost fur on her belly, but that grew back when I started giving her salmon oil, so now I'm not sure if the fur loss on her tail is related to steroids or not. She is down to such a low dose of steroids for her SM that I thought I should see some growth if it was related. Years ago the dermatologist gave me some oil to put right at the base of her tail to stimulate growth, but it didn't help. Wish I could give you better news, but nothing I have tried has made a difference. She just has a furless tail.

Back