• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jake

Rj Mac

Our Jake passed away last year, at the end of August, I've been meaning to post a wee tribute and memorial for him for a while, but every time I've sat down to type I've had to give up

He was to me.......my dog, I've said it before, I love all our dogs, and will love all our future dogs too, but Jake was a special lad, our first dog as a family, we found him in a local rescue when he was 6 months, dumped because someone couldn't handle him, there was nothing wrong, he was just a typical Lab pup, full of fun and nonsence, and someone just wasn't willing to put in the time and effort needed, but their loss was our gain, and for almost 14 years he was part of our family, through everything from, a new baby, and all that brings to house moves, holidays, I even took him to work when I was in one particular job

Every new dog that came after him was greeted with no fuss, he welcomed everyone no matter human or dog,

He loved nothing more than a good swim, then home to flake out, in his last couple of years when he started to slow down, being down the river seemed to make him young again, jumping in and lapping around with no fear, and as his hearing was on the wane, us standing on the bank screaming not to go too far out!!!!!

This is a pic from about 18months old
Yumyum.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With a very young Lucy(sadly passed on too)

With Kieran in 2006, shortly after moving housw.....spot the blank walls, still decorating
IMAG0037.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just after Megs came home in '07
IMAG0112.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With Belle our Staffie after she came home..
WP_20130915_002-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Favourite passtime..
Image0208.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last summer..
428.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Couple more yet,
My last pic with him
455.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and the last pic I took of him
453.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thankyou Jake for 14 wonderful years by my side, still have a huge whole in our family, but know you are at peace, we will meet again big man, love Dad, Mum and Kieran x

This is a picture done for us by a very good friend of mine, it was a complete surprise, and we were incredibly touched by the gesture

Ahhh thanks for sharing your memories and all the lovely pictures! I know how special Jake was to you and also remember so well when you expanded your cavalier family too -- look at those lovely pictures of your big gang! Sometimes it seems we can measure out our lives by the dogs and cats and other furries that keep us company and transform our lives. Their lifespans are too short.

The picture by your friend is really special -- what a wonderful idea (and talented friend).

Ahhh thanks for sharing your memories and all the lovely pictures! I know how special Jake was to you and also remember so well when you expanded your cavalier family too -- look at those lovely pictures of your big gang! Sometimes it seems we can measure out our lives by the dogs and cats and other furries that keep us company and transform our lives. Their lifespans are too short.

The picture by your friend is really special -- what a wonderful idea (and talented friend).

Thankyou Karlin,

It's strange with only the one Cavalier left, but that one Cavalier is a very special girl in Megan, and she's still going strong, she doesn't manage the longer walks nowadays, but she's doing fine x

Back