• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

To clip or not to clip

Bentley and Me

I love looking at my Bentley's long silky coat but admit I am not a diligent brusher (shame on me). Its hot here, days and weeks over 100 degrees here in the Northern Calif Valley.

So, this week he was clipped. Left his long ears and tail but he was clipped very short. He looks adorable and he seems to be very happy with his haircut. The purists may shake their heads but now I have that same darling face and not have to wait hrs and hrs for him to dry after a bath. He hated brushing that I think he would say thanks if he could. I really had no idea their hair grew so long and so fast, should have done more research - but have found a solution that Bentley and I agree on - less hair means less brushing, shorter baths and those short trips outside away from the air conditioning are more tolerable.

Love my cavvie !! Short hair and all.

I have Leo clipped every 6 weeks. I don't have him shaved short but he is trimmed and tidied.
In the summer it keeps him cool and in the colder months it helps stop him bringing home half the forest in his fur when we're out :)

I have mine clipped periodically as well. Their hair on their backs are not really that bad, but I have the longer hair on their feathers, slippers, chest and skirt clipped - that all can get matted. I am allergic to them as well. I had the ears trimmed because Lucky has a condition that causes him to drool and his left ear was a mess. Until his condition resolves, I'm trying to make maintenance a little easier. He still has longer ears than Sparky!

I have Leo clipped every 6 weeks. I don't have him shaved short but he is trimmed and tidied.
In the summer it keeps him cool and in the colder months it helps stop him bringing home half the forest in his fur when we're out :)

So true about bring half the forest home! LOL! I am forever picking twigs out of his ears, legs, underside.

I leave his fur as is during the winter months, but do have it cut short once a year in the late Spring in preparation for the hot and humid NYC summers.

Back