• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's heart check

meljoy

Leo had a heart scan yesterday. I was worried as its been a year since his last scan and I felt after 12 months there would be significant deterioration.
The good news is the cardio vet said the deterioration was slight and she was pleasantly surprised.

The meds that he's on are keeping him stable.
However I have noticed he has coughed a little more lately....not to distress him and not all the time but just Ive noticed it. She suggested I up his Frusemide to 20mg twice a day give it a week and call her to see if I think he's improved.
He's still very playful and exercise tolerate so Im happy.

The only other change was she felt his heart beat was slightly irregular and feared it was Atrial Fibrillation....they did an ECG which confirmed it wasn't so that was a relief.

Anyway the news is better than I hoped so I cant complain. He was shattered last night when I brought him home as when I'd left him he was playing with two Bichons I think he had a wonderful day while I sat at home and worried :p

Wonderful news! Leo seems to responding well to the medication and still doing the thing he likes. Good job!

So glad Leo's doing well on his meds. MVD is such an individual disease - some dogs go on for a good length of time, others deteriorate rapidly, so it's great that Leo seems so far to be in the former category!

(y)

Kate

Back