• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Low salt treats

Pavane

Ideas for treats that are low salt or NO salt (USA)....for dog with cardio problems.

Also, recipes for simple treats that will be low sodium.

I give pretty natural treats. Most fruits and vegtables are OK. Mine like apples, bananas, tomato, baby carrots, green beans, bell peppers, melon. Really, whatever I have on hand and I'm eating myself. Don't give raisens or grapes, these can be toxic for pets.

I honestly don't give too many treats due to watching Bosco's weight and his knee issues. If i'm cooking chicken or meat, he gets some. He will eat carrots, raw or cooked. Sometimes, because I have three dogs, I'll throw a handful of cheerios on the floor, and they all scramble like mad to get at them. Go figure!

I never checked my dog food for sodium content. Have you had an issue with that?

Back