• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So I phoned the vet today.

karen100

I phoned the vet practice today and left a message with the tech to have the head vet phone me back. I told her that I was concerned about Buddy taking vetmedin and wondered about whether they could consult with a cardiologist first.

The head vet phoned back this evening, apparently being informed by the tech that I wanted a referral to a cardiologist. I said no, not affordable, but what about a consult? She then tells me that, oh yes, we have a cardiologist that we consult with regularly. Say what?? Why they didn’t do this 8 months ago when Buddy first got sick?

Anyway, she’s faxing a consult referral to the cardiologist this evening and expects to hear back tomorrow and will phone me afterwards.

I’ve been taking my pets to this practice for over 20 years and have always considered them to be solid practitioners. Until now.

How frustrating for you!!

At least you're finally getting it sorted. Hows Buddy doing now...are you still giving him the Vetmedin or have you stopped until you have the consul.
Its so confusing with all the conflicting advice isn't it?

Hope both you and Buddy are well.

Hi Mel-- I told the vet I’m discontinuing the vetmedin and the vet supported that decision (although I don’t think she had an opinion either way.) Very frustrating!

I’ll post here later after I hear back re the cardio consult.

Back