• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Which dog food?

dellis

Hi all, have not been on here in ages and I was wondering what people are feeding their cavaliers?
i have tried jwb and rc in the past, they loved those but for awhile they got a bit pricy. At the moment they are eating burns fish & rice, again they like it but maybe doing a bit more scooting. No upset tummies or awful poos thankfully. Any advice or tips would be great. Also, is it necessary to switch to a senior food, cannot believe my dogs are that age already!
I am in Ireland and I suppose I am just looking at a mid range priced dog food, just looking! Haven't had the heart to change as I am afraid of any consequences!
thanks in advance.
D

I am in Switzerland and feeding Platinum. It's a not-too-pricy quality feed. I believe all of their meats are sourced in the EU (not china), maybe I am mislead on that.

Guinness is currently eating the Iberico Ham flavour which he says is pretty good. Their largest bag is 5kg, but they will give discounts if you order multiple bags- small bags stay fresher, an especially important point for little dogs. But his favourite is their wet food (which comes in very easy to open tear top tetra packs), he informs me that the salmon flavour is the best flavour, but he likes the others for variety. He also loves their treats.

We also benefit from free (and fast delivery) here, which I think is the norm throughout Europe. I'm not sure about Ireland. There's also usually a few free extras you can add to your order (samples of other flavours, etc.) as well.

I've been feeding this as Guinness main food for about 2 years now, and been very happy with it.

This is their UK website:
http://www.platinum.co.uk/platinum-ordering-information.html

Back