• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abscessed Tooth

kinsleysmom

So when we took Kinsley to the vet this past week for his check-up and shots, the vet was examining him and noticed that he had an abscessed tooth. :/ Eeeek! I'm honestly very surprised by this -- he hasn't acted like he's in pain at all. I feel kind of bad we didn't notice it sooner (it should be a fairly recent development though - he's been to the vet a couple times in the past months) -- hopefully it isn't hurting him too bad.

We scheduled him an appointment to get it taken care of and he starts the antibiotics that he has to take before the surgery this Friday. Then, he goes in this upcoming Tuesday for the procedure. It's a relatively low-risk procedure, but I still hate any time he has to go under anesthesia!

Wish my little guy luck.

And has anyone else had this happen to their pups?

I've had it happen with a cat -- I only noticed when I saw his lip was lifted away from the tooth (a large incisor). It can be pretty hard to spot. My cat had his tooth removed with little problem. :) Hope all goes well for Kinsley!

Same thing happened with one of my dogs in the past. Similar treatment was given to what your vet has started for Kinsley, antibiotics to shrink the abcess, followed by extraction. The dog was fine afterwards and I'm sure Kinsley will sail through it too.

Back