• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maggies weight loss - Raw food diet

Super Princess

I posted in another topic that i have been taking Maggie into our vets every single week since Febuary, to monitor her weight.

In febuary Maggie was experienceing a very new problem. It started a week before her checkup. She would be desprate to get outside at 4 am..eat grass..then throw up.
every single morning.
it was hard on both of us.
I found through google this is a relativly common issue ..not un heard of. They are so hungry..their stomach is empty and procuding acids making their tummy hurt.
A bedtime snack untill our vet appointment fixed this.
At her yearly check up this year (febuary i belive..) She was 7 lbs over weight.
I was at a loss. i was not over feeding her (1/4th cup in morning and at night) of high quality Acana kibble.
Walking up to 5km every night. and yet she was that over weight.
The vet told me the only thing that would work would be that Hills diet stuff the vets sell. I have done enough research to know that stuff is not good for them. It also ruined our last cavalier, oliver. He was over weight, chronic itchy skin, chronic stomach problems..the list goes on.
I refused. but was still at a loss

a friend suggested raw food diet.
I started researching ..and REALLLY looking into it..spent days pouring over site after site...hours a day..the more i read the more i knew i had to start this ASAP.
forget that huge bag of Acana i had JUST purchased for $50. We needed to get off kibble and onto raw as soon as possible.

She has been on a raw food diet for 18 weeks now,
and has lost a total of 6.6 lbs.
our goal was 7..but i am happy with this result.
She is doing absolutly amazing.

She cant get enough of this food, she gets fed just under 1/2lb a day...divided into 4 meals so that her stomach dosnt go for long without food.
She hasnt been sick once.

I have previously posted this story i think... but i wanted to update it with a photo. I just got her hair cut on Friday and it really shows off her body. she looks amazing.

I am hoping this works..if it dosnt ill try again.

Back