• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fertilizer and weed killer

Bocco

Before we got our dog I used to fertilize our lawn about twice a year. Use a little weed spray also. Due to California's current drought neither has been necessary. But if the rain comes back this winter I would like to fertilize our back lawn. I'm mostly concerned about the back yard as that's her domain and she has free access through her doggy door.

Is it safe at all? Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks

Gary

I'm in the San Diego area, but haven't used fertilizer in a while as we now have the synthetic turf. However, we use to use various products and if you check the small print on the bag, it will usually say if the product is dog/pet friendly. If I remember correctly, Scots brand was ok. Just double check before using. Most of that info will be online.

I live in NYC and we do fertilize the lawn, and I had not thought twice about it and the dogs. Never had a problem (I have 3 small dogs). We do use Scotts, but honestly I had not checked the bag. My dogs use the yard to run around in, and they are outside only when I am with them (yard not fully fenced). Mulch has been more of problem for me, and while we do buy the pet-friendly stuff, Bosco is addicted, and I often have to "run interference" between him and the mulch.

Back