• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Raasay 28th May 2009 to 9th October 2015

Nicki

Our precious Tricolour, Raasay, was given his wings yesterday after a long and brave battle.

This was Raasay's last walk on the beach on Thursday, in beautiful Autumn sunshine, with his brother, Tommy. Sadly you can see from his face that he wasn't well.

Raasay went through http://www.thecavaliercollectionscheme.org to help other Cavaliers xx

The cottage seems very quiet without him, Tommy is adjusting to being an "only child" :( but has actually been brighter than we perhaps expected. He is enjoying having sole occupancy of my lap.

We're trying to keep him busy, and of course he's having lots of cuddles, think it's helping us all, a furry body is good for drying the tears.

Every day is so precious with our beloved companions, treasure the memories xx
image.jpg

Nikki
I'm so sorry to read about Raasay. Sending love and hugs to you, your family and of course Tommy.

Mel :hug:

I missed this post originally. I'm so sorry Nicki; I know from many discussions with you how many options you pursued in trying to find a way of making Raasay comfortable and hopefully find a medication or treatment that might work. Dealing with a case where no one can really figure out exactly what is going on, yet a loved dog is suffering, is one of the very hardest experiences to go through. He was such a lovely cavalier. You've been in my thoughts ever since having to take this difficult decision and losing this lovely boy.

Back