• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Memories of Juliet (Slideshow to Tears in Heaven)

I am so sorry about your loss. How old is Mia? We lost our dog Bella in August and my 2.5 year old daughter was devastated. I am glad that you have Heidi to warm your hearts.

I am so sorry about your loss. How old is Mia? We lost our dog Bella in August and my 2.5 year old daughter was devastated. I am glad that you have Heidi to warm your hearts.

Thank you, Alana. Mia is 14 now. She was almost 3 years old when we lost our Cocker Spaniel, and she still remembers him. We got Juliet (our Cavalier) when Mia was about 3-1/2 years old, and Juliet passed on when Mia was within a couple of weeks of turning 14 years old.

I might do a similar tribute. I look back on pictures of my daughters and notice that Bella was in nearly every one, always part of our lives.

I might do a similar tribute. I look back on pictures of my daughters and notice that Bella was in nearly every one, always part of our lives.

Yes, I've noticed that thread about "Pup to Grown Up in 10 Pictures" and I could easily do a series with both my daughter and Juliet in each photo shown as growing up together. :)

What a beautiful photo tribute to Juliet. Looks like she and your daughter were fast friends. Welcoming Heidi into your family will help ease some of your grief, but it's okay to continue to feel your pain at the loss of Juliet. Our dogs are truly members of our families.

What a beautiful tribute. I love the photos of Juliet growing up with your daughter. And what a blessing to have Heidi keeping your mom's lap warm.

Beautiful tribute to Juliet. I lost my Churchill, who was a ruby, 8 years old on October 28th of this year. I feel your pain so immensely . Hugs to you and your family.

So sorry to hear of your loss of Churchill, Karen. As so often, our Cavaliers leave us way too soon.

:hug:

Kate and Ruby

A beautiful tribute to your lovely girl, I'm so pleased that you now have Heidi to help dry the tears and she already appears to be a wonderful companion for your Mom.

Well...we have a new Blenheim girl in the house. After obtaining 7-year-old Heidi from a local breeder in November 2015, we were offered an opportunity to add a 5-month-old Blenheim female to our family from the same breeder. She's a doll. Perhaps not as outgoing as Juliet was, but a beauty nonetheless and a wonderful addition to the family. Granted, we won't have the true puppy stage with her, but we've got a puppy who is about 90 percent housebroken, so very little worries on that front. Her name is Sonesta Annabelle Lee (Annie for short).

IMG_1437a.jpg

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1414a.jpg

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1247a.jpg

Some pics with Annie and her Aunt Heidi.

IMG_1334a.jpg

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1265a.jpg

She is beautiful! Love the pictures of both dogs. Personally, I think 6 months is an ideal time to adopt, especially since housebreaking is well underway and there are still puppy antics to watch. Enjoy her and watch her personality blossom!

Each Cavalier we lose leaves their own particular hole in your heart. Others come along and take their own place in your heart and life - not replacing the others but giving you their own particular gifts. Enjoy your two new gifts, Heidi and Annie.

icon_welcome

Kate and Ruby

Back