• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Memories of Juliet (Slideshow to Tears in Heaven)

varuscelli

A slideshow we put together for our female Blenheim Cavalier who passed away in October 2015. Edit: She is shown growing up through the years with my daughter. We got Juliet when my daughter was 3 years old and we lost her when my daughter was almost 14 years old. They grew up like sisters together in many ways.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Juliet such a beautiful tribute with your video. Watching her grow from an adorable puppy to a lovely adult, along with your daughter I assume, shows just how loved she was.

RIP sweet Juliet.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Juliet such a beautiful tribute with your video. Watching her grow from an adorable puppy to a lovely adult, along with your daughter I assume, shows just how loved she was.

RIP sweet Juliet.

Yes, my daughter, Mia, is shown in many of these pics. I edited my first post to reflect that. Mia and Juliet pretty much grew up together.

A beautiful tribute.it was lovely to see your two girls growing up together...I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my wonderful Cavalier 2 weeks ago and so understand the hurt you are all going through.

Mel xx

What a lovely tribute - and how your daughter must miss her, as well as the rest of the family. I hope the memory of good times together will ease your grief.

:hug:

Kate and Ruby

What a beautiful tribute. Nothing compares with growing up with a dog by your side, and nothing hurts like when you lose one. Its bittersweet. I'm sorry for your loss. May the many happy memories bring you comfort.

I want to try and thank those who have replied in a timely manner, but I guess I'm being moderated for my replies. Sorry if it looks like I'm not paying attention. Thank you for your kind replies thus far.

A lovely tribute to a beautiful little dog. It is so sad to lose such a special pet. Your daughter must miss her a lot. xxx

A lovely tribute to a beautiful little dog. It is so sad to lose such a special pet. Your daughter must miss her a lot. xxx

Thank you, Margaret C. Yes, my daughter misses her quite a bit. She doesn't really want to talk about Juliet much, but I can tell she was hit pretty hard.

On a brighter note, we have met a local Cavalier breeder who has indicated that she may part with one of her newly retired females (a 6-year-old) who might soon become part of our family if everything falls into place. We have not been looking at trying to fill the void left by Juliet so soon, but in doing some preliminary research for acquiring a Cavalier puppy sometime in 2016, this new situation has arisen. We shall see how it works out.

I've suspected this for a while, even while Juliet was with us, that once a Cavalier has become part of your family life it's hard to imagine family life without one.

Just reading this now. What a beautiful tribute...it made me cry. How wonderful to have your daughter and pup grow up together and share such a special bond.

Just reading this now. What a beautiful tribute...it made me cry. How wonderful to have your daughter and pup grow up together and share such a special bond.

Thank you, wolf23. I get kind of choked up every time I watch this, too. I love seeing all the pics of Juliet and Mia growing up together, but it's still hard for me to look at Juliet's pics and not feel the still-sharp pangs of missing her. At the same time, I feel so lucky to have had her as part of our family life for 10-plus years.

I know my daughter misses Juliet greatly, but she doesn't like to talk about it very much and I don't want to push it with her. She went with us to visit with a Cavalier breeder in the Houston Texas area a few days ago and I think she fell in love with every puppy in their current litter. Not only did she get to see 10 Cavaliers all in one home (six adults, four puppies), but had the privilege of a tour of their horse stables as well. It was a good day for all of us.

We have been very fortunate in having a meeting with the owner of Sonesta Cavaliers near Houston Texas a couple of weeks ago, after which we were offered the opportunity to take in a beautiful 6-year-old Tri Colored female who is just being retired from breeding. She is a sweetheart of a Cavalier, and even though we were NOT looking at bringing a new Cavalier into our family so soon, we decided it might be good for everyone in helping to fill a bit of the void left by our Juliet's departure.

We were originally doing research just to see about getting a Cavalier puppy sometime in 2016 and figuring out what we might have to do to prepare for that. After meeting with the owner of Sonesta Cavaliers (visiting with her for a long while one afternoon), she made us an offer to consider her 6-year-old Tri Color. I think that we all felt such good vibes from the meeting that the Sonesta Cavaliers owner was comfortable with us as being dog/family oriented and potentially a good fit for her Heidi.

A big part of our decision to say "yes" to this offer was based on my elderly mother-in-law and her dispirited state after losing Juliet, who was essentially her lap dog and frequent nap companion. After my wife and I discussed it for a couple of days, we decided to take in the Tri Color female (Heidi) on a trial basis to make sure she was comfortable in our home environment and that our other dogs (Brussels Griffon and Poodle) were comfortable with her.

Within a couple of days, it was apparent that Heidi would fit right in. She immediately bonded with my mother-in-law, and the two are now practically inseparable. All the dogs are getting along just fine together.

We are quite pleased with how this worked out. We consider this as close to an intentionally directed blessing as anything we could imagine. In the very least, it seems to be a matter of serendipity in our meeting the right person and the right time, and vice versa, such that all worked out to great mutual benefit. We were, perhaps, led to where we needed to be and to the person we needed to meet.

Here are some pics of our newest family member, Heidi.

_AR_6501a.jpg

_AR_6516a.jpg

And one with Mom and Heidi together. :)

IMG_0355a.jpg

How wonderful that fate worked in such a positive way. Heidi is precious, you can see the happiness in the picture of her with your mom.

That was lovely to read.....after all the sadness we've been reading about on the board the last month it was lovely to see Heidi has a forever home with you.
Loved the picture of Heidi and your Mum....

Thank you all for your kind comments in this thread. Despite the number of people and animals in our home (and the companionship we provide one another), Juliet's absence has been felt by everyone. Even the other animals (dogs and cats) have been acting strangely, likely having their own sense of wondering where Juliet has gone.

On the human side, we all know Juliet cannot be replaced...but we feel as though some of the void is being filled by Heidi. There seems to be a certain power of healing that her presence brings. Having the familiar feeling of another Cavalier in our home is in itself comforting. She is a good dog, calm and friendly in demeanor, and gives us back at least some of what we have missed in Juliet.

I'm so glad that you and Heidi have found each other when the timing was right. Each Cavalier we lose leaves their own distinctive Cavalier-shaped hole in our hearts and lives, which no other dog can fully fill. But the new ones too will leave their own distinctive hole when their time comes. The hole stays, but our lives would have been poorer if we had never known each dog.

icon_welcome to Heidi

from Kate and Ruby

Back