• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prayers for Tilly

RuthM

Hi all - my beautiful nine year old black and tan, Tilly, has taken a turn for the worse today. She woke me at four in the morning and needed to go outside, she could barely walk but managed to go to the toilet. Since then she has been lying down on the floor - she hasn't stood up all day or been interested in food or water. She's wagged her tail a couple of times but isn't lifting her head from the floor.

We have an appointment at the vets at 5:15. I hate seeing her in pain - I hope our vet will be able to make her comfortable over the weekend.

Kate (and Ruby) very kindly lent us a their doggie buggy which she has been thoroughly enjoying - she seemed to really pick up over the Xmas break but has come crashing down with a bang today :(. We could do with some more of your comforting shortbread right now Kate x

Goodness guys my heart is just breaking today - it's been an almost unbearable SM journey - but she is such a gorgeous, giving, loyal and funny little friend.

Please keep her in your thoughts tonight xxxx

Hi RuthM

My heart breaks for you to see your little one in pain. Let us know how you get on at the vet...I am praying they can sort Tilly out.
Mel xx

It is heart breaking when our babies are in pain. I hope your vet will be able to give you something to ease her pain and make her comfortable.

It was so nice of Kate to loan you her doggie buggy. When my first cavalier, Sydney, was no longer able to go on walks due to MVD, we got him a wagon so we could pull him around.

Good luck and let us know how Tilly is.

Last edited:
Hi Ruth

So sorry Tilly is not well - but it may not be SM related, could be a bug or something that the vet can deal with. Please let us know what the vet says. Glad she has been enjoying the buggy. I shall send you some shortbread!

:hug:

Kate and Ruby

Thanks so much Mel, Joyce and Kate.

Well - she seems to be out of the woods (I hope). She stood up for the first time Sunday and let me hand feed her a little bit of fish. Today she is standing to eat her food.

The vet was great - it was a bit of a blur to be honest as we were all so worried about her. By the time we got there every breath seemed like such an effort for her. It sounded like a knocking sound was coming from her chest! She is now on a daily cocktail of vetmedin, frusecare, prednicare, tramadol, gabapentin and cephacare. He said she was full of fluid :(.

Bless her - I'm having to carry her outside for toileting and support her when she 'curtsies' so that she doesn't fall over - but she definitely has life in her eyes. She still looks very 'swollen' and is puffing like a steam train - just really hoping that the drugs continue to ease the symptoms.

Thanks again - hope your little buddies are well xx

P.S. Kate - if she continues to perk up I'll post a photo of her in the buggy - she was absolutely loving it xx

Back