• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Milo won't stop Humping Bella!!!

Sydneys Mom

I need advice. Milo keeps humping Bella.:swear: I'm not worried about pregnancy as Bella is spayed. Milo was neutered 18 month ago. Before he was neutered, he used to have “fun” with one of his plush toys. That stopped after neutering. But for the past 6 months or so, he wants to hump Bella. It seems to happen mostly when her excitement level goes way up. For example, when the doorbell rings and she runs to the door. Before I can even answer, he’s on her back. I give a firm NO and OFF command, but it does no good, I usually have to pull him off her. Sometimes I do manage to pick him up as I answer the door so friends or the FedEx guy and don't have them see this…um, “show”! :sl*p: He even does it on our walks and if we see someone and say hello, up on Bella’s back he goes. Bella does tend to have an over the top excitement level, so I thought she must be giving off a scent that excites Milo, so hence the humping?

I don’t know what to do to control this? :confused: Any suggestions on how to stop this behavior? It’s starting to happen more and more often.

Or maybe he just loves his sister so, so much! :hug:HELP!

Hi Joyce

I haven't had exactly your situation, because Oliver wasn't neutered but he made a total nuisance of himself humping Aled when I first had him. Aled was a rescue from a puppy farm who had been intended as a stud dog but refused to perform! My vet and I thought he was probably low on testosterone. He had been neutered and the two factors together made him very attractive to male dogs - as far as they were concerned, he smelt like a girl, and a girl in an interesting condition at that! For the first 3 or 4 months we had him, Oliver humped him at every opportunity and walked around in a daze, clearly thinking 'Isn't it wonderful, mum's brought me a GIRL all for myself!' Eventually they settled down together and Oliver lost interest - we then only had to deal with dogs running across the park to hump poor Aled.

Have you discussed Milo's problem with your vet? It sounds as if Bella is giving off some interesting hormonal scent when excited; the vet may be able to suggest some sort of hormonal supplement for Milo that would calm him down - or perhaps calm Bella down! It's maddening though - Aled hardly dared to go out into the garden because he knew Oliver would follow him and start humping! So you have my sympathy, even if I can't really help!

Kate and Ruby

Thanks for your advice Kate and Karlin. I guess Milo is just a happy little ladies man! I will keep on working on his annoying behaivor.

Back