• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi from Linda and Baby Chloe!!

Hello!
My name is Linda, and I am new to this wonderful site. From March of 2002 until May 2015, I was the very proud mother of a Maltese named Sophia. When she developed cancer last spring and was helped over the Rainbow Bridge, it was the worst experience of my life. Then I found love again with Chloe, my Cavalier puppy!

Chloe Hyacinth is her full name, her middle name coming from the BBC series Keeping Up Appearances, which I adore. She is black and tan, and tomorrow she will be eleven months old. She is only my second pet ever and my first Cavalier, and I am absolutely in love with both Chloe and her breed! I am so happy to have stumbled upon this site, and I hope that Chloe and I can take part in this wonderful community of cavaliers and their moms and dads. :)

icon_welcome
Hi Linda and Chloe. Glad you found this board. You'll find lots of people here who I've talking about their Cavaliers! I have Bella, my 3 1/2 yr old Ruby, and Milo, my 2 yr old Tri. They are a handful, but I love every moment of it. I got hooked on Cavaliers when I got my first dog, Sydney. He was a beautiful Blenheim who passed almost 4 yrs ago. Sorry for your loss of Sophie. It is hard letting go, and getting another dog lets you love again.

We all would love to see pictures of Chloe. I bet she's adorable!

Last edited:
Welcome, Linda and Chloe,icon_welcome not just to this forum but also to the joys of owning and being owned by a Cavalier! There is no breed quite like them.

Cavaliers really are special, but unfortunately - as you may already have gathered from here - they are also prone to quite a number of diseases, many of them hereditary. I hope Chloe will be a healthy Cavalier, but if you haven't done so already, it is sensible to insure them.

Please post some photos - we love to see each others' Cavaliers! And do ask any questions you want - there are lots of people on this forum who are very experienced with Cavaliers and are happy to help.

My present Cavalier is Ruby, a 6-year-old Blenheim rescue. She is the sixth Cavalier I have owned over a period of about 30 years. She is a sweetie and in many ways very good and well-behaved, but she has a passion for eating paper, so tissues and letters waiting to be posted have to be kept well out of her reach! We live in Coventry in England.

Kate and Ruby

Thank you for your welcome!!! I did a whole bunch of research before Chloe arrived, and it's so heartbreaking to know that this beautiful breed is plagued with so many possible medical problems!! If having Sophia taught me anything, it's that no matter how long or short a time a dog is in your life, it's worth it. Chloe is insured, and hopefully I won't have to use that insurance for a long, long time. I will absolutely consult the forum for advice; I know that you and the others are very devoted Cavalier parents. I am working on perfecting Chloe's photo album so you all can see my beautiful baby.

Thank you, Joyce! I am working on uploading Chloe's pictures to the photo album so you can check out my cutie pie. Getting another dog was the best decision, as I'm sure it was for you with your two babies after your loss. Chloe pics coming soon! Again, thanks for the welcome!

Linda & Chloe

Back