• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wow, has it really been that long?! Main quest re: Dog friendly B & B's

TriTitch

First checked in here nearly 10 years ago!
Reading through a couple of past posts....OMGoodness we/I've come a long way - with your invaluable help, thank you!

Titch is still going strong :) Turned 11 this year & still acts & looks like a puppy, still a thorn in the adjoining neighbours side :-/

Been through a bit. Got to the stage a couple of years ago where I actually took him to 'Dogs Trust' to be evaluated as was in the mindset of thinking of his happiness. Was only after the evaluation (which he passed with flying colours) the manager made a fleeting comment - often the most impressionable......
I proclaimed I would be heartbroken but best for Titch.....he said 'he will be heartbroken too....he will take a long time to adjust....if ever....losing you.....'
Took him on a big long quality walk along the local beach & clicked into that side of things. Of course. Theres me thinking I'm doing the best thing by him yet wrenching him from all he knows and trusts.....perhaps not then!
I think I thought he would be concentrated on the extra time within the human company in simple time yet not realising the bond we have & the impact re-homing him would have on HIS psyche!

I currently have a dog walker who takes him out to a massive private park every Sunday for a breezy 3 mile jaunt & a pal who borrows him once a week or so, takes him on camping hikes or to the pub for social events :)
Both free & both speak 'dog' :-D

Main question:

Had booked to go abroad in June yet had to cancel due to troubles.
Set my heart on going to Cornwall/Southern Ireland with Titch instead yet when I googled could only find places that were ok with him being on premises but no access to dining area/swimming pool/blah blah.
Can you recommend a website/b & b that welcomes dogs wholeheartedly?

Don't wish to feel like I'm putting them out :-/
Would like to feel like it's fine for Titch to be around & about
That's why I googled dog friendly bleurgh! x

Both these websites have large lists of dog-friendly accommodation. A lot of the places they list will have websites, so that you can check out what is on offer.

www.dogfriendly.co.uk

www.dogfriendlybritain.co.uk

Hope you manage to find somewhere both you and Titch will enjoy. It's great he's doing so well at 11 - sadly, that's a good age for a Cavalier, too many of them die much younger from heart disease.

All the best

Kate and Ruby

Wow.

Think maybe I was inputting too much information......dog/hotel/Cornwall/b & b/friendly.
Came up with Glamping pods :-D
Did you know you can book a glamping pod in Newquay (kettle, fridge, bed, heating, porch)......for £20 pn....£35 extra set fee no matter the duration for dog?
Seemed ideal til they laid out the rules & reg as to where he can & cannot go & the undefined location of toilets after I asked them directly via email twice where they were :-| Bureaucracy!!

The links you gave seem so simple to find & navigate! Not looked at them properly but will....thank you.

Yeah, me & Titch are still a little confused. All the different whys & wherefores of how to best bring up your dog out there.
Though he is 11 I know an old dog can learn new tricks...in an instant!
Cavaliers may have some health issues bringing them down but their intelligence is second to none huh?!

Thank you Kate H. Same here. Yeah, me also. It must be out there. The perfect holiday for me & the pooch to both enjoy lol.

I know. I'm proud of him though he has recently been *downgraded* from a grade 2 to a 3 :-(....he still is fit, coughs occasionally after a long drink or walk, not on any long term meds :)
He had a rickety start but found us at 10 months old & hasn't looked back :-D

I have now a dog aged 11 & a cat aged 19. The elder years have been so much drawing upon my time in comparison to the younger years.
Fitting my work hours around vet visits & some!.......
Made me think a lot in regards to why some people live with a pet for years & years yet eject them as they get older.
It IS harder to look after an ageing pet in comparison to a younger pet.
My cat was sick & shat at the same time due to stress in his carrier on way to & from vet this morn (had to arrange time off work).
The stench was out of the this world.
I waited (an hour and fifteen minutes) to be told the items they needed in order to give him his pre-arranged - starving him since 8pm the night before - Thyroid & blood tests were out of stock :-|
So the whole trip was in vain.
I made the subsequent appointment for 2 weeks time in the 'hope' that the relevant testing equipment WILL be in stock....taking more time off work on a promise!

No matter. I was here from the beginning & I shall be here til the end major canine & royal puss.

Deviating from the topic in hand but does make you think.
Not everyone is made from the same stuff as I or you x

Apologies for rambling re: feline & soul thoughts! Thought would give an update & finish what I started though.....
Puss had blood tested yesterday, fine & kidneys not functioning amazingly although in line with expectations due to his age.
Vet determined that he didn't need thyroid test after all - next appointment made in three weeks time for regular steroid & vitamin jabs.

Think I was up to my ears in hearing of irresponsible canine/feline handling & just wanted to re-iterate 'a day in the life of' though I know I'm preaching to the preached here it cuts deep & sometimes need to share.

Think have sorted dog B & B possibilities for both the weekends I was looking for in June. Thank you x

Back