• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

RIP Max

quoman

Hi everyone. Max came home from the vets yesterday at 6pm, he had booked in for another appointment on Thursday, however at 7pm his tiny little heart finally gave in and he passed away. We were originally told he had between 7 months to 2 years on his medication.
Thanks for all the caring messages sent previously. Our other cavvie Charlie now seems a little lost. Be well everyone

I am so sorry for your loss. MVD is such an individual thing. I have friends whose dogs were given grim diagnoses and then lived 14 months, and then my story is much more like yours. It's heartbreaking when it is happens so suddenly. :(

I was lucky I was on vacation when it happened so I could come home and spend the time with Sparky getting him used to our new normal and trying to keep him occupied and not missing Lucky. Given Charlie some extra love :hug:

RIP Angel Max *ng*l

I'm so sorry you have lost Max, MVD is such a horrible disease, stressful for owners as well as dogs. And it's extra tough when it happens fast, with no warning (even though your head knows it could happen at any time, your heart keeps hoping it won't happen just yet). It takes time for your life to change direction from caring for a terminally ill dog to having a one-dog household and no patient. Both you and Charlie will need to adjust, so extra hugs for both of you.

Thinking of you :hug:

Kate and Ruby

I'm so sorry to read this. My Leo had MVD....was doing so well on the meds then suddenly and unexpectedly passed away last October. I was (and still am) devastated....I am only grateful he was with me and in the end it was quick and peaceful.
As Kate said you need time...I'm 7 months on and still tearful at times.

Sending hugs and best wishes to you and yours

Mel xx

God bless you little Max.
We are still heartbroken over our loss of Charlie this past Christmas. My wife had a vivid dream about him, just last night. They are a so much a part of our families and it is difficult when they pass away. -Wishing you well during this difficult time.

So so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your faithful companion Max r.I.p gorgeous boy, My Ruby is on heart meds, I treasure each day I have with her. Xxxxx

Back