• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where is Everyone?

Karlin,

You are giving us something to look forward to this upcoming winter. I can’t wait to see the new website!
As far as Facebook is concerned, I was shamed into signing up with it, years ago. I initially posted a few picture and have done little with it since. It is simply not my cup of tea. I am so thankful for all of the information that you have posted here and your “stickies” are priceless. I re-read them often.
It is wonderful to have a resource like this available and I glad to see the community is adapting and moving forward.

I'm one of the oldies too! I joined the day Riley was having her decompression surgery for SM when she was 6 years old. She is almost 14 now! She is deteriorating neurologically, but still hanging in there! Madison is almost 13 - just had blood work done and the vet said she is like a dog years younger. Every morning she runs from her room to the front of the house to go outside. Oz, my baby boy, will be 9 in a few weeks. No heart murmurs for any of them (except Oz's congenital Grade 1 that hasn't changed since diagnosis at age 6 months. Most of the time they can't even hear it). I still miss my old man Oliver. And I still love this breed.

This board was a lifesaver for me when Riley was diagnosed and having surgery and I hope I have helped others along the way. I haven't been active recently because I completely ruptured my ACL and MCL dogsledding in Norway more than a year ago, spent a long time rehabbing, ended up with two surgeries, countless hours of PT, but with such a significant injury at my age, my knee will never be the same again. But! I also have a new granddaughter - my first! She can take away any pain and sadness!! Friends say one of the resons to have kids is to have grandkids. Having a grandchild is like owning a slice of heaven!!!

LMC,

13 and 14 years old! You have taken wonderful care of Madison and Riley.

Sorry to hear about your knee. The good news is how far the medical community has come with joint replacements.
I had both of my hips replaced, last year and was back at work 5 weeks following each surgery.
I have heard that knees require a bit more physical therapy, but it is wonderful that this option exists for us today.
So, if things get too unbearable...

And by the way, WOW! Dog sledding in Norway? What an active and exciting life you are living. :)

Karlin, any updates on the new software? Miss the activity of this place and hope to catch up with several of the regular posters.

Things are underway :) -- I want to integrate the board under the CKCS.com site, and have just received the first artwork for it, and waiting for the new logo for this site.

Back