Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tilly's last few days

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still miss and shed the odd tear or two for all the Cavaliers I've loved and eventually lost since the early 1990s. I also smile a lot when I remember all the things they did and the joy their love and friendship has brought to me over the years I had them. Losing Rebel hurt the most I think because I so wanted him to reach is 12th birthday and to have one last chicken dinner, but 6 days before the big day life suddenly became unbearable for him, so we had to say goodbye.

Over the years I learnt that the best way for me to overcome the grief of the loss of one dog was to bring a new puppy into the equation, but for so many good reasons, Holly P was the last pup 7 1/2 years ago.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Boys
    Winston Alexande and Little Joe
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Ruth I am so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to your beautiful Tilly. I said goodbye to DJ and Gus last year and it was so hard but in time the pain has eased. I still get bad days. Each of them left me with special memories all their own. I still have Pippin but he has MVD and Dementia, so is on borrowed time.
    Take all the time you need to grieve and allow yourself to cry. I like you was surprised at just how heartbreaking and hard it was to lose them. Sending you much love, Theresa xxx
    Last edited by pippa; 13th June 2016 at 10:57 AM.
    In memory of :
    Gus(blenhiem) Nov 2001 - Dec 2015 Pippin Feb 2004-Nov 2017 (tri) DJ(ruby) June 2004 - Nov 2015

Post Thanks / Like

RuthM - I am so sorry. I've been there, done that, and know the hurt and grief. It took me three months and, in the end, a new puppy to pull me out of my sadness. Sending you big hugs!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry that you are feeling sad. Tilly was well loved and you did the bravest thing you could for her. I hope the coming days get easier for all of you..

Big hugs..

joan