• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's Rose

meljoy

After Leo died last year I put his ashes in a pot and planted a rose. The rose is called "Remember Me" as if we could ever forget.
Anyway the first blooms are now out and its beautiful.
I just wanted to share.

~
27303039314_88cfd43344_z.jpg
[/URL]Leo's Rose by meljoy2, on Flickr[/IMG

That is so gorgeous! Does it also have a fragrance? Some of the newer roses don't seem to smell like roses! Regardless, what a wonderful tribute to Leo!

That is so gorgeous! Does it also have a fragrance? Some of the newer roses don't seem to smell like roses! Regardless, what a wonderful tribute to Leo!

It does! It smells fantastic and I am so pleased...The scent is really strong and when Ive got my kitchen door open I can really smell it. I cant believe its blossomed so well as I only planted it last November....
I can sit on my patio with a cup of tea and look at the lovely roses and think of my boy. Well I would if the sun would shine....ahh England in June !!!

That's a great idea Joyce....
We did also think of pressing one as a dried flower and framing that
:lotsaluv:

I planted that very same rose in memory of my girl Easter in 2007 after she passed to Rainbow Bridge.

I agree on how beautiful it is and fragrant too. On the other side of it is Just Joey in memory of my lovely Miss Hattie from 2009.

They are either side of the patio leading to the garden from the dog room. Every time I look through the patio doors or open them up in the morning I get the beautiful scents of the roses.

Enjoy yours Mel. I know you will never forget your beloved Leo.

I planted that very same rose in memory of my girl Easter in 2007 after she passed to Rainbow Bridge.

I agree on how beautiful it is and fragrant too. On the other side of it is Just Joey in memory of my lovely Miss Hattie from 2009.

They are either side of the patio leading to the garden from the dog room. Every time I look through the patio doors or open them up in the morning I get the beautiful scents of the roses.

Enjoy yours Mel. I know you will never forget your beloved Leo.

Thank you Flo. How lovely that you have roses planted too...I love my garden as did Leo so its just a fitting little tribute to my wonderful boy.

Planting a rose is such a lovely and positive thing to do. I have a lovely climbing rose in my tiny garden called Meg, in memory of my second Cavalier, a lovely Blenheim girl called Meg who died of MVD aged 8. It even survived moving house about 10 years ago. I have a beautiful picture of it but am hopeless at putting photos on here! Help, Karlin!!

Hope the weather improves enough for you and Leo's spirit and his rose to sit on the patio!

Kate and Ruby

That really is a beautiful rose in memory of Leo, lovely photo. When I lost Jasper in August 2014 and my Mother last year we planted a small flowering cherry tree in the garden in their memory so we can watch it grow over the years to come.

Hi Mel, what a beautiful rose for your beautiful boy, it does help a tiny bit doesn't it:) when we lost Ruby 2years ago we planted a 'Ruby Baby' rose bush, perfectly named for her!

I love this idea. A rose will provide a beautiful reminder every year of how special Leo was, and will always be in your heart and memories. I am sure your post will inspire many others. :)

I love this idea. A rose will provide a beautiful reminder every year of how special Leo was, and will always be in your heart and memories. I am sure your post will inspire many others. :)

Thank you again everyone.
Karlin I think it would be lovely if others felt inspired to do the same. I sit on my patio (weather permitting) and the Rose brings such joy. It smells lovely and like others have said its a permanent reminder of all the wonderful memories I have of Leo.

Back