• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Walking on a Harness, everyone had a good laugh

Rogan

:pi*no:Yesterday was our first day out walking (if you want to call it that) using his harness, all the people at the park were cracking up, lol. He constantly spins around circles and actually flips himself over from being so excited. Funny how you forget what all a puppy needs to learn but by the end of the walk (about 30 mins) he was tired and was doing much better. Practice, practice! He has already outgrown his small Bingpet harness so I ordered a medium this time from amazon.com My boxer seemed to enjoy having him along on the walk too, she was smiling!

How old is your puppy? 30 minutes is a long walk for a baby puppy, the ideal is 5 minutes per month of age, once a day. So a 3 month old would have 15 mins.

Also obviously lots of free play in The garden, it's the forced walking on the lead that needs to be controlled.

No stairs until at least 6 months, as their joints are still developing.

I got one of those harnesses that have the hook on the front like somebody suggested and it made a BIG difference. He walks a whole lot calmer and no pulling or jumping. He is 5 months old. It won't be long before he goes to get neutered, I can't believe how fast time has gone.

I just happened to see this post and I am happy I did as it is good information. I am not very patiently waiting for a Cavalier breeder to have a pup for me. :p It seems to be taking forever!

I am waiting for a Cavalier puppy at the moment. I have talked to so many really good breeders and most advise waiting for minimum 18 months to neuter. One breeder said that Cavaliers mature slowly so she would not recommend doing it for 3 years. The Vets, however, really push for the 6 month thing and I see their side too but I am tempted to believe the breeders as they have lots of years of experience with one breed rather than working with a whole bunch of breeds and mixed breeds. :rolleyes:

i just caught my little Rogan 'marking' my bed :( I did catch him just as he lifted his leg and started marking so I yelled NO and picked him up and put him outside as I said you don't do that in the house that is bad. So I think I startled him good enough while he was doing it. He is 9 months old now so typical instinctual behavior. He is not usually allowed in that room so he probably wanted to claim it real quick while he was in there, lol. We want to wait as long as we can before we have him fixed; and he is so darn cute hiking that leg up straight in the air! (just not on my down comforter)

Back