• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finding a reputable breeder

Dame KJ

I have two cavalier king charles from two supposedly reputable breeders. One very, very respected breeder, who is also a judge, was very confused during one of our conversations trying to remember how the father was for a particular little of puppies. Also, a neighbor had mentioned finding dead puppies in freezing cold water because the bitch was not given the appropriate care (likely a combination of urine and amniotic fluid). Bought a show quality bitch who did not mature an appropriate was for the show ring so I had her spayed. Never have gotten the papers in spite of previous requests and proof of the spay.

The second came from a less reputable breeder, but one from whom I purchased my first cavalier king charles who was beautiful, sound, brave, and friendly. However he died too soon during routine dental cleaning. I admit that I should have been more careful with this purchase, but was in such grief that I figured it would be okay. He's a good pup, except for the poor front, slight underbite and one testicle. However the personality is all I could want.

Anyway, when this is how reputable breeders run their business, how am I ever supposed to find another when these pass on - hopefully in a long, long time? Never had this problem when I showed and trained in another spaniel breed.

And why do breeders want someone home all day and yet their dogs sit in small kennels with only occasional outside visits? I guess it is do as I say, not as I do.

Dame K

Back