• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My 3 Golden Oldies - Good news

Love my Cavaliers

There's so much gloom and doom about cavaliers, I thought I would share some good news. I have 3 cavaliers who are all elderly. Riley has SM, had decompression surgery when she was almost 7 years old, has been on prednisone since her surgery and is still alive and kicking at age 14 and 3/4! No heart murmur. There are times I have to check that she's still breathing, but then she hears the treat jar opening and she's right there waiting for her treat!
Madison, Riley's half-sister, is deaf, but other than that she has no health issues. She races out of the bedroom every morning like a puppy. She is 13 and 1/2. No heart murmur.
Oz, my baby, has inflammatory bowel disease controlled by diet and metaclompramide. He also has PSOM and is on gabapentin 100 mg 3 times/day. He has a grade 1 congenital heart murmur that has not changed since it was discovered at 6 months of age. He will be 10 in 2 and 1/2 months.
We lost Oliver a little over a year ago at age 14 and 1/2. No heart murmur.
I have been so blessed with my cavaliers. Even with Riley's SM. I'm thankful every day.

Hi Bev!
I'm not here very often anymore, but I do like to check periodically. I've often wondered how you and your pups were doing. I am so happy to hear they are all doing so well! Senior dogs are so special and it is wonderful to know that they are enjoying life to the fullest.

Delighted to read a good news post. I don't be here often either but do pop in and out sometimes. Lovely to read that your dogs are doing well x

Back