Thread: Goodbye Riley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodbye Riley

Sadly, Riley, my cavalier with SM who somehow managed to make it to the age of 15 and 2 days, died today. She was the most courageous dog, the sweetest, the most lovable. The only way I knew she was in pain or any kind of discomfort was when I would find her hiding under a table to get away from my other dogs. A light has gone out from my heart today, never to be replaced. I know time will heal my grief, but it's raw right now, even though I've been expecting it for quite some time now. I just loved my girl.
    Bev
    Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)
    In loving memory: Oliver (blenheim) 2001-2015; Riley (black & tan) 2002-2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry that you have lost your beloved Riley Bev, but you must be so proud of helping her to achieve such a great age.

Of course your grief is raw right now; our Cavaliers leave paw prints on our hearts - once loved never forgotten. In time you will remember your girl with smiles.

R.I.P. sweet Riley.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

3. Thanks Love my Cavaliers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. Dogs are members of our family and it hurts to lose one. (((hugs)))

5. Thanks Love my Cavaliers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Beverly. RIP little Riley. You were so loved and will be so missed.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

7. Thanks Love my Cavaliers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read this about Riley.
    Take care x

9. Thanks Love my Cavaliers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read of Riley's death, Bev. Such a good age, but perhaps that makes the hole left in your heart even bigger, full of so many memories and so many years of love on both sides. I don't think the hole a particular dog leaves ever entirely heals, but other dogs have their own places. Thinking of you. xxx

11. Thanks Love my Cavaliers thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your kind words. As sad and as hard as it has been, it really has been comforting to know that Riley lived a good, long life with us. We have been blessed with our cavaliers. Oliver lived until 14 and 1/2, Riley until just over 15, Madison has just hit 14 years and Oz pulls up the rear at 10 years. Don't know what I'm doing except loving them, and giving a daily CoQ10, salmon oil and probiotic. Thanks again for all your support.
    Bev
    Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)
    In loving memory: Oliver (blenheim) 2001-2015; Riley (black & tan) 2002-2017