• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Goodbye to message boards

Sydneys Mom

I think this message board has died. When I joined around 2008, my Sydney was just diagnosed with MVD. All the people here gave me advice and support to help me through the journey until he passed. I will never forget that. This board taught me about all the heredity and generic conditions that plague our precious Cavaliers. I will always grateful for that.

But Facebook seems to have taken over now. I now have 2 cavaliers. BellaMia, my ruby will be 6 years old in August, and Milo, who is 4 years old. Milo has epilepsy and has had an MRI to confirm that. Sadly, it also confirmed mild SM/CM.

I pray all of your Cavaliers are healthy and doing well. I will still check in here every now and then, but I know this board will never be as active as in the past.

I know what you mean, and I don't do Facebook groups. This board was a great source of information and continues to be, so I hope it will never go away when I need to "search" a topic. Everyone here has always been very pleasant and friendly.

I'm another oldie who doesn't participate in FaceBook groups. Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear about Milo. Hopefully he can be controlled pretty well by medication, but it is a constant tweaking.
For me too, this board was a lifesaver when Riley was diagnosed with SM and had her surgery. I hope I have paid forward all the help that I have received from the kind and generous people who spent the time to dialog with me.
My two are now oldies - Oz is 11 and Maddie will be 15 in September (and doing well except for being deaf). I will have had 3 cavaliers who have made it to the age of 15! A tremendous feat!
My best to all.

I do go on Facebook, though not so much these days and it is in no way as supportive as the forum was.

It was great for me when Gus, Pippin and DJ were with me.
You may know they all passed away and Pippin was the last one to go last November.
I swore no more dogs but we took a little foster from Irish Cavalier rescue, which Karlin still runs and in fact I would never have known about it or had our precious DJ, only for it and this group.

Well we have adopted our little foster girl. Her name is Millie, she is 8 years old.
She is a beautiful little Ruby and definitely helping to heal my broken heart.
She will never replace the boys, but has her own special place in my heart.

I suppose it is sad the forum is so quiet, but I think things change, people move on.
I will never forget those who have helped and given advice to me here and hope I helped too.

In fact a lot of my friends on Facebook (I don't have many on my list, prefer it that way) are people I have met here and remain friends with 🙂

Joyce, I hope Milo continues to do well. Pippin had epilepsy and other problems but lived to the ripe old age of 13 years and 9 months.

Take care all xx

I couldn't agree more with the above posts. I don't do facebook or any other social media......This board and the wonderful group of people on it were an invaluable support to me when Leo was alive......especially towards the end and after I lost him.

I check back every now again to see what people are up to...

I haven't taken the plunge and got another dog yet (Leo's been gone 2 and a half Years now)
But you never know !!

I'll keep popping back and hopefully catch up with you all

Melxx

I joined Facebook a couple of years ago, basically as everyone was drifting off the forum. I love to see all the photos and other Cavalier topics. I do pop on here occasionally.
Cant believe Leo has been gone for 2 1/2 years Mel. But my Ollie is now 8 years and little Teddy is 2 years old. Four years tomorrow since I lost my sweet Jasper, still miss him so much.

It is so nice to "see" you all again. I did join Facebook when the activity here slowed down, but it is nothing like the comraraderie we had here.
Mel-hard to believe Leo has been gone 2.5 years. Time goes by so fast.
Bev-amazing the ages of your pups. Such a wonderful gift.
Pippa-so happy you have little Millie to love. She is a lucky girl.
Pam-you'll never stop missing Jasper, but I'm sure Ollie and Teddy help fill your heart.

Wow ladies....you are so right, where does the time go? Pam I cant believe its 4 years since you lost Jasper.

Like you I miss Leo every day and can still well up on occasions :(

Buts its lovely that you are still giving forever homes to some lucky pups....
Theresa...hope Millie has settled in...

:hug: To all

Lovely to "see" you all again. Where is the time going!!

Mel, Gus and DJ are 2 and a half years gone too. I can't believe it! Millie is settling n very well ��

Joyce, I agree we had great comraderie here.

Pam, 4 years since you lost Jasper! They are always in our hearts x

Anyone who is on Facebook and wants to friend me just send me a pm here.

I don't have a huge list of friends, just people I know and cavalier people from here.

I would love to be in touch with any of you that I am not already in touch with who are on Facebook.
I don't go in all the time but love seeing the photo's of our dogs.
Theresa x

Last edited:
Hi Theresa, Seems only just a few of us on here now. So very sorry that you lost all your boys.
Glad that little Millie has helped heal your broken heart, she is the same age as my Ollie (where did those years go) and my little Teddy is now 2 years old.

I agree.
I remember you from 2008, where I had Molly and Éowyn. Molly was later diagnosed with MVD, and she passed away in 2016. Now, we have Éowyn (11), Khaleesi (5) and Leia (2).
CavailerTalk was my library and support group for how to raise a cavalier, and I thank you all for great advice through the time.

Back